Tuesday, October 31, 2006

one afternoon my 4 officemates and i.....


went to see Dusty the Musical. This was when we were still at Riverside. We did not cut classes.. i mean we did not go AWOL- just applied for a flexi leave and thank God that we belonged to different teams so we were all permitted to take the leave. This was the matinee at 2pm one Friday afternoon.

I like some of Dusty's songs like I Only Want to Be With You and Son of a Preacher Man. I thought that she has a very unique voice and those particular songs seem to stick to you for awhile. I mean like when I hear them in the morning then I will just be humming them for the whole day. I do it unconsciously, without thinking- sometimes it annoys me LOL.

You can read more about Dusty here.

you can even hum this lyric

( by Ivor Raymonde / Mike Hawker) you may start singing here
I don't know what it is that makes me love you so
I only know I never want to let you go
'Cause you've started somethingOh, can't you see?
That ever since we metYou've had a hold on me
It happens to be true
I only want to be with you

What do I think about the musical? very entertaining- well made production about her story, her story is pityful though- a lot of wasted time and money but hey- that was her life. It was a good afternoon for me, better than doing work..haha!

I like to thank Kath who organised the cheap tickets- was part of the 10 tickets bought at a discount- $45 when most musicals normally cost $90 and above.

Guess who's concert I am watching next- this guy. That's in November 23- a birthday present to myself to be enjoyed too by my housemates- david and ray... my bday is on the 11/11 and i'll be.....drum roll.... not telling , my other name is Armi from Armistice Day and from the Miss Universe Armi Kuusela- who later married a Filipino who owned the Gilarmi Apts in Makati, MM Phils.
am into music lately whether you tube or my ipod and even found the old walkman from the pandora's box.
from one who rediscovered music.