Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Melbourne, here we come!

Housemates and I are going to Melbourne for a week and will be back next Wednesday. Melbourne is in the state of Victoria. As you know or do not know yet, we reside in the state of Queensland.
It will be our first time to see Melbourne. I was there for the first time for a stop-over in June 1988. I was with Vivian and we were on our way to New Zealand. It was there that we changed over from Phil Airlines (PAL) to Air NZ. I bought Vivian an activity book there to keep her entertained for 4 hours. She kept that book for at least a year. It was also there that I felt for the first time, the coldness of winter which is nearly zero degrees. It's like walking into a freezer.
So- this will be my first time to see Melbourne out of its International Airport. We'll see what's in store for us.