Monday, October 16, 2006

Goodbye Riverside Part 2 - Welcome Chermside


Today was the first day of work at Chermside. The 2 boxes of things were waiting for me at my brand new workstation. Cleaned the table unpacked everything and reorganised my things to make it look similar to the one I left at Riverside. What I missed were the familiar faces that I greet with- good mornings, how was the weekend, another beautiful day and a little tete-a-tete here and there, the familiar breakout area, toilets, corridors and most of all the big beautiful windows. I now have unfamiliar surroundings that I will have to get familiar with as the days goes on. The windows here are just a quarter of the size in RC. While before I was on the 34th floor, now I am on the 3rd floor. I think I am a bit homesick now plus we spent nearly the whole morning getting computer access, installing our applications - organising voice mail, passwords etc. I explored the shopping centre and it's not bad. Coming and going to Chermside went smoothly too- I was home at 5pm compared to 6:40pm from the Riverside.
And gee, these are just some of the images that I am missing already...



...i left my heart in riverside....