Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I've been a Blogger since 2006!

It's been seven years since I first started on this online journal called BLOG which was inspired by my kids.

I haven't been a regular blogger  as it's been 3 months since the last post. But then, there are no rules as to  how often I should blog.

Blogger is good  - as it hasn't set a quota to post per month to be able to maintain this site. 

On this my 7th year therefore,  I thank Blogspot/Blogger for hosting my writing and photographic efforts. They have modified and changed names and even acquired Google, or Google acquired them but all my blogs are here. 

From my last post, I was raring to post an  update and my recent travel adventures here,  however I have just unpacked my suitcase I received news from home in Baguio, Philippines that my mother was seriously ill in hospital. I dashed home on the next available flight to be with her and to look after her for 3 weeks until she was out of danger and her condition stabilised.

Having said that, it's time to blog about my recent travels and adventures.

I have to yield to a distraction - housemates are watching a qualifying match for FIFA World Cup in Brazil 2014 with Australia (Socceroos) vs Oman and it was a tie, 2-2! I like both teams because I am now an Australian and Oman well,  because 2 of my siblings used to be OFSs  in Oman.

Therefore the travel adventures will start next blog post.

For what it's worth here are some advance photos...

Anaheim California USA

Met with friend, Ana and had brunch at Ihop in Anaheim

Met with former UP dorm-mate, Tess and visited the Getty Museum in Los Angeles

From Anaheim we travelled by bus to Las Vegas. We stayed at the Luxor before transferring to the MGM Signature

Met Manong Sam and Manang Adel who treated us to a sumptuous buffet and the Martin Nievera Concert
Enjoyed the Strip in Las Vegas Nevada, especially the dancing fountains in front of the Bellagio




Caring for Mama with my sister June in Baguio Philippines
One of my brothers found a wig and goofed around with it, now on Mama with my pair of sunnies to match hahaha!(Photo courtesy of Sam The Man)


My brothers and I at the bakery
My siblings and I were united to be with Mama in March 2013 (photo courtesy of Mary Jane)