Saturday, March 08, 2008

Life is a Journey

When I was cleaning up and putting things away for recycling, I came across Ray's high school newsletter (Nudgee News Vol 30 No 5) with a feature on the following Hebrew Prayer which I want to share with you. I am presently experiencing some challenges in my life brought by things beyond my control and because of a decision I had to make last Dec 07. The truth is I am missing my previous location in the City and now I am missing my situation in the 3rd floor because I have started working on the 5th floor. It's a journey and somehow I am stuck on the 5th floor which is the last floor. I am still new in this job and still on training. I am starting to like it now and I guess that I just feel a bit impatient. But I will get there and hopefully this journey will move on to a better situation - RETIREMENT! haha...i just passed up a great Florida/Bahamas/Mexican holiday and I am not happy!

I would like to thank my friend Jennifer for these great goodies she sent- much appreciated
Presently I am also reading this book from Len and getting a lot of inspiration from it!
Now here is the Hebrew Prayer so you might reflect on it too!

Life is a Journey

Birth is a beginning
And death a destination
And life is a journey:
From childhood to maturity and youth to age;
From innocence to awareness, from ignorance to knowing;
From foolishness to discretion and then,
Perhaps, to wisdom;
From weakness to strength
Or strength to weakness and, often, back again;
From health to sickness and back, we pray,
To health again;
From offence to forgiveness, from loneliness to love,
From joy to gratitude, from pain to compassion;
From grief to understanding, from fear to faith;
From defeat to defeat to defeat...
Until looking backward or ahead,
We see that victory lies
Not at some high place along the way,
But in having made the journey, stage by stage.